Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Workout 2/27: Eva (Sorta-Kinda)

Have you ever stared something and noticed that the end seemed so far away that you never thought you'd truly get there? Grad school has been that way for me, but then I noticed last night that there are a mere 12 weeks left. Sure, those 12 weeks will be jam-packed with work, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Every school year seems like that, but once February hits, you notice that the students have come a long way and you are about to let them go in a few short months. I am sure parenthood is going to be the same. Sometimes I look at my daughter and ask myself how she ever got so big and so articulate. My son, the same. Today's workout was a reflection on the same issue; unfortunately, I had an obligation that made the end come sooner than my will wanted. My body however was screaming for the end and cheered it's shortened workout.

CrossFit: "Eva without Equipment"
5 Rounds for Time of:
800m Run
30 Squats
30 Push-ups
(Finished 3 Rounds in 21:38--Rd.1=6:15; Rd.2=6:53; Rd.3=8:30)
*For the first time, I felt I was going to lose my breakfast! If I had gone 2 more rounds, who knows what would have come up...I might have seen the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.*This is Eva and Greg. Yep, they could both kick my butt. Eva's WOD really does describe what would happen to me it I ever got in the middle of those two. Photo courtesy of Eva's Blog.