Thursday, December 9, 2010

Workout 12/8: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X

Today was try #1 at Ab Ripper X. Let's just say it didn't go very well. I am noticing very clear strengths and weaknesses. Not so surprisingly, my core is weak. One just has to look at my posture to see a weak core. But the nice thing is, over three weeks, I can tell my core is getting stronger. Does it have a long way to go? Yes, of course! But it'll get there. I am also noticing that my left side is stronger than my right in nearly everything. This surprises me because I am right-handed. I figured that would be my strongest side. Not so!

One more week and I will have gone through the first phase of P90X. Then I get to take a picture of myself and compare it to what I looked like when I started P90X. I'm excited because I can already tell some differences. It's amazing how motivating pictures can be. It is also amazing how motivating a trip to Florida can be seeing as I'd like to bring my swimsuit. I'm sure my wife would like to see her man in a swimsuit confidently strutting about the poolside without a t-shirt on to cover up.

For all those doing P90X, Bring it! For all those doing something else, keep it up and strive for every step! And don't forget, it's what you put into your body that matters.
*Cartoon courtesy of http://www.freechristianillustrations.com/body.html

No comments: