Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine’s Day with A New Perspective


As many of you know, I have recently finished the Whole30 as a way to improve my overall health. And it has improved as shown in earlier posts. I have also learned priceless things about myself & food through the process. So on this Valentine’s Day, I have a new perspective. Show your love to someone with the gift of improved health.

You probably want that special someone to be around for a long time so you can share many special moments together. I was reminded of that on Monday when my wife & I had a special night in Downtown Chicago while the kiddos were at Papa & Nana’s house. Although we had fewer than 24 hours alone together, it was one of those special moments where we laughed, snuggled, looked each other in the eye, and shared some special treats together. It was simplistic. It was lovely. And I look forward to many more moments like that.

But I am now convinced that I want to be healthy to enjoy those moments to the fullest. Some may feel that one can enjoy these moments regardless of the quality of health. True! You probably can, but my experience tells me that feeling healthy makes them all the more enjoyable. In the spirit of getting & feeling healthy, I wanted to share with you some Valentine’s gifts that say, “I love you, and I want you to be around for many years to come.”


SPECIAL GIFT #1: Chocolate
                WAIT!?! WHAT!?! YOU SAID HEALTHY. CHOCOLATE!?!
                Yes, chocolate. The darker, the better. I could tell you to read the labels to avoid soy lecithin, but that’s another topic for another time. Chocolate is a good & healthy treat. You should probably avoid having it for every meal on Valentine’s Day. But sharing a bar of something special with your special someone is a good idea for February 14th. I was reminded of this while walking through Downtown Chicago on Monday. Chicago has that strange chocolate-smell if you are walking around at the right time of day because of places like Fannie May & Vosges Haut-Chocolat. So I’m keeping it Chicago-centric with these suggestions…



SPECIAL GIFT #2: A Cookbook & a Meal
                If you plan on doing something like the Whole30, you must know that you will be cooking a lot more. If you’ve already gone through it, you probably have a new affinity for the kitchen. So use that time in the kitchen to make & give a gift of love. I suggest you make a meal from a special cookbook. Or give a cookbook that has some special meals & treats. I have discovered these yummy eats from these cookbooks…

Click Image to Order

 
Click Image to Order
 
Click to Order Here


SPECIAL GIFT #3: Motivation
                I was motivated to get healthy from my doctor who laid down the ultimatum…do something about your high blood-pressure or ELSE! Hopefully you will not need a doctor to motivate you this Valentine’s Day, but there are some highly motivational books that might lead you and your loved one to a healthier lifestyle.

Motivation to Eat Better
 
Click Image to Order



Motivation to Be Active

Click Image to Order



Most Anticipated Motivation
 
Coming March 5, 2013
Click Image to Pre-order

Even if you miss out on giving these for Valentine’s Day, every day is a new day to show love to your significant other. HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

No comments: