Monday, July 21, 2008

Workout 7/21: 2k Row + 10x200m Sprints

Alright, time to get serious. Time is flying by, and races are starting to get close, so I need to get down to business. Yesterday, Susanne and I went for a run with the kids. What a blast! It was hot, we were sweaty, but in the end we knew we had accomplished something. We both ran 5 miles, and I had the privilege of pushing the kids in "the chariot" the whole way. But that run kicked me into gear. I'm pumped up to return to regular training and motivated to kick some tail in the upcoming races.

Today's workouts were a step in the right direction. I am returning to CrossFit Endurance training, which often means two-a-day workouts. Fortunately, Susanne took a day off this morning, so I was able to return to the gym for which we are paying money. Ah globogyms! At least it provides me with equipment that I cannot afford in one fell swoop. Today, the globogym provided me with a rower.

Morning: Row 2k for Time
(Time: 9:07)
*Not stellar, but like I said, a step in the right direction.

Afternoon: 10 x 200m Sprints
Each sprint is followed by a rest period. Rest is figured out by multiplying the sprint time by 5 (for example, sprint :36, rest 3:00)
Round (Time; Rest)
*Times coming tomorrow morning. I left them at school.

No comments: