Monday, July 21, 2008

Workout 7/9: Thurston Jogger Series 5k in Dallas

I know, I know. I have disappointed you all with my lack of consistency again. The summer time is a difficult time to add things to my blog. But so much for excuses.

I have done many workouts over the past weeks, but I cannot recall them all right now. Rather, I will just post this.

I ran my second 5k of the summer in HOT Dallas. 98 degrees, a touch of humidity, and an evening race after a day of work. All of these factors added up to a not so superb time in this 5k. However, I did get out there and try. It was a fun race. You could tell it was a hometown race that mostly locals ran. And the local yokles are adapted to the heat. So this northern bred boy showed his weakness.

Time: 26:06

*Not good! But hey, at least I can make excuses.

Advertisement time...Athlinks is a cool tool if you are a runner or triathlete. Any and every event and result that your name is attached to is compiled here. See how fun it is and become my running "buddy" or "rival" at Paul's Athlinks Page.

No comments: