Monday, December 3, 2007

Workout 12/3: Michael Redux

Wow! Time flies! I cannot believe that it is December already. July doesn't seem that far away (other than the fact that it is about 9 degrees outside instead of 90). November hardly seems like it existed (that month flies by so fast, why is that?). And before I know it, Christmas will be upon us.

This year, December is going to be extra special since Evie is now at the age where she can be completely involved in Christmas. On Saturday, we started reading through an Advent book and lighting the candles on the Advent wreath. This book is so cool! Each page has a beautifully designed page with a door that the kids can open. Inside each door is a new part of the Christmas story, so each day you go back and review the story and then open a new part. Evie is so excited to open the next day's door! It's so cute! I suggest you all check this book out, especially if you want to start a new Christmas tradition that brings the focus back to the REAL "reason for the season."

So, what else does this mean? Well, I have three weeks to meet any of my goals for the year. Most of my goals have been accomplished or nearly accomplished. However, I want to make sure these goals last all the way until January 1. That means I have three weeks to stay active, start running again, and continue watching what I eat. Oh, but my body wants to go into hibernation mode. CrossFit will get me out of that nice cave of comfort called the bed.

CrossFit: Michael
Warm-up (Thanks to Kim for posting her warm-up on her blog, it gave me new ideas)
Three Rounds for Time of:
800 m Run
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups
(Time: 35.45; 30 seconds faster than 2 weeks ago...yay!)
Okay, so I wasn't in this much pain! Thank goodness that CrossFit doesn't have us working on crazy machines that contort one's body...see this article for an interesting view on massive GloboGyms.

No comments: