Monday, September 22, 2008

Workout 9/22: 1Ks + Isabel

Ah! I am so happy to be back on a schedule that works well. I never realized how effective a consistent workout schedule is. As with most things in life, consistency is the key--a steady, enduring pace. Yes, there are moments where sprinting and recovering, but too much "recovery" becomes laziness. So this blog becomes my measure of consistency. Let's keep going!

Morning Workout: 2 x 1ks
#1) 8.0 mph on treadmill
#2) 8.6 mph on treadmill
*Faster next time! I forgot that I can run 1 mile in under 7:00. That should have been my starting speed.

Afternoon Workout: Isabel
30 x 65# Snatches
(Time: N/A)
*Firstly, I need to get a watch back on my wrist. This "no timing" stuff is out of hand. I have no measure of effort without it. Secondly, I need work on full-squat snatches. These were more like power snatches. Don't be fooled, I need major work on doing everything correctly.
Photo courtesy of Pioneer Valley Crossfit
----------------
Now playing: Flame - Go Buck
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Brad said...

Get a watch! I want to compete with you...

I did this with 65# in 3:10. I think I'll go heavier next time. I find it difficult to get low when I don't have to.

Mr. Mirek said...

Hmmm....very interesting view on going heavy. Okay, I'll get a watch knowing now that people are still reading this blog...especially you! BRING IT ON!