Monday, January 30, 2012

Workout 1/30/2012: Pull-ups, Front Squats, & Run

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Yep, I had a plan, and it's just not going to happen the way I want it to. In fact, my story is not unlike a student who came to me today and told me his plans to join track just aren't going to work out how he wants. My plan was to take one month and focus on boxing training (a gift from my wife). But with track going all afternoon and races throughout the week, a family, a marriage, teaching, grading, etc., it's just not going to work out. So now I'm just biding time with workouts that look something like today's.

Warm-up: 3:00 of jump rope

Pull-ups: 5 @ Body-weight; 5 @ Jumping Pull-ups

Front Squat: 5 @ 105#; 5 @ 95#

Cash-out: 6 x (400m + :90 Rest)
Cash-out Results: 1:49, 1:38, 1:43, 1:59, 1:56, 1:59

No comments: