Friday, March 28, 2008

Workout 3/28: Helen

Portfolios, Portfolios, PORTFOLIOS! Teachers, don't you just love them?!? Why do I hear crickets in the background? It's amazing how portfolios have invaded the education field at all levels. From elementary schools to graduate schools; from art classes to P.E. classes (Okay, maybe not that far, but I wouldn't be surprised). I only bring this up because that is what I will be working on for the next three days. I have a portfolio due on Monday for grad school, and it's a bear! Trying to pull artifacts up from three years ago and reflecting on what you learned from them and how they meet various standards is not easy, but it is necessary. So, what else is there to do than tackle it with all my might and GIT 'ER DONE!

CrossFit: "Helen"
Three Rounds for Time of:
400m Run
40# DB Swings x 21
12 Pull-ups
(Time: 17:21)
*That's right! GIT 'ER DONE! What a great attitude to have in all areas of life! Okay, so that was nearly a minute off my fastest time for "Helen," but it is what it is. There's always next time! You hear that Helen...there's always next time!*Have you sipped the Kool-Aid yet? Read this article from the New York Times (God's Workout). So CrossFit is a cult? Who ever knew? Actually, read the whole article, it's quite interesting, and may jest at a few things. Of course, get the other side of the argument here at this CrossFit Watertown response.

2 comments:

Patrick D. said...

Paul,

That picture is the quintessence of win.

Take care,
Patrick

Brad said...

I made it!

I can barely walk!

Peace.