Friday, September 14, 2007

Workout 9/14

Okay, Dean Karnazes is a stud! I was listening to some interview with him, and I'm blown away by the things that he does and his attitude toward it all. In fact, it's a bit humbling. In particular, I was listening to his take on nutrition, and it mirrors many of the things found in the ZONE diet (also encouraged by CrossFit). He was explaining how he tries his best to go all-organic and cut out high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils from his diet. So with that information I went home after work to a lovely wife and children who had prepared a dinner. I was curious about what was in everything, so I took a quick look-see. Of course nearly everything we ate had something unnatural and unhealthy in it. Not to mention that I craved ice cream after all was said and done with dinner.

Susanne and I were craving ice cream so badly that we were inserting comments about ice cream into President Bush's address to the nation last night. For instance, "Whatever political party you belong to, whatever your position on Iraq, we should be able to agree that America has a vital interest in..." ice cream! Or, "Americans want our country to be safe and our troops to begin coming home from Iraq..." for homemade ice cream! So, of course, I made my way to the freezer for more ice cream. Well, I hope I worked some of it off this morning with my workout.

CrossFit: Sorta-Heavy Fran
15-12-9 Rep Sets of:
45# Thrusters
Pull-ups (real, unassisted, studly ones)

Run: 1 Mile Treadmill Run (7.0 mph)

No comments: