Monday, September 10, 2007

Workout 9/8

It is great to be out in nature this weekend. I have left the BIG CITY for greener pastures...or at least more wooded pastures. I came out to St. Charles for training with a group called GRIP. It was an awesome experience to inform me and prepare me to teach the kids that sit in front of me daily as I teach them (or they teach me sometimes). We received a lot of information about culture and boldness, so I needed some time to rake through it all in my head and create practical understanding from the info. What better way to do that than to go for a run? There is none! My buddy Dan and I decided to catch the Fox River Trail in downtown St. Charles. We ran, talked, mentally wrestled, and drank some water for approximately 12 miles from St. Charles to Batavia and back. It was a great time, and I was deeply refreshed by it. I encourage all of you who are stressed out or dealing with big issues to take a step outside today. Go for a run! And if you don't run, at least let your feet take you some place to clear your head or make sense of an issue or two. It won't solve everything, but it will help a little.

Run: ~12 miles (1:53.29)

BTW: If you are ever in Batavia, stop by the new cafe in Downtown on the corner of River Street and Wilson Street. We stopped in there before we turned around, and they gladly offered us bottles of water even though they weren't officially in business yet. Thanks!

No comments: