Saturday, September 1, 2007

18 Miler!

Back to posting workouts and training. Again, I apologize for the lack of posts for any of you looking for how training is going, marathon training + CrossFit. Today's planned run was a whopping 18 miles, and we crushed it. But in saying that, I am definitely feeling every sore piece of my body right now. I have also just recovered from a slamming headache too. I think I have learned a very big and important lesson about pre- and post-run hydration. It is vital to the run and recovery. I have 5 weeks to perfect the art of hydration. As I have mentioned in the last post or two, I have been lacking discipline in my runner's diet over the past three weeks or so, and I am feeling it. Hydration is a key part of that diet, and neglecting it through caffenated soda (pop, soda pop, coke) and coffee drinking have really taken its toll. But now that all of the big projects are done, I think its prime time to change that habit. Here's today's stats:

Run: 18 miles (2:54.16; 9.40 pace)

*That pace is not quite what I want it to be, but I think four weeks remaining of diligent training will pay off.

No comments: