Thursday, June 5, 2008

Workout 6/5: 5k @ 80%

Have I ever mentioned how much I love summer? I was listening to a radio program this morning, and the host was complaining about summer and how winter is so much better because you can prepare for the weather by throwing on more clothes before you go outside. His complaint about summer was there's nothing you can do when it's hot and humid. For me, that's not a big deal. Yeah, sweating is sort of gross, but I'd much rather sweat than shiver. I'd much rather wear t-shirts and shorts than three layers of sweaters. I'd rather be outside than stuck inside. I'd rather have the fans on than the furnace. So, here's to summer!

This morning's run was in summer-like humidity. We are supposed to see our first 90-degree temperatures this week, so it's time to break out the shorts and prepare for a summer of fun.

Morning Workout: 5k @ 80%
Goal Pace: 9:21/mile
Actual: 3.06 miles in 27:09.68 (8:52/mile pace)

*Again, too fast! Cursed pacing! I think by the end of the summer I'll have a grasp on pacing.

No comments: