Tuesday, April 17, 2007

CF + Marathon = ??? 4/17

So I decided to take my "CF + Marathon Training = ???" postings and put them here on my blog instead. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I plan to incorporate 3 CrossFit workouts into my marathon training in order to see how that improves my marathon times and my overall fitness. So here's what I did today:

Run: 5 miles (44:15)

CrossFit:
Sets of 15-12-9 reps
Back Squats with a 45# bar
Handstand Push-ups

The CF part of today's workout was a bit on the easy side. I think I need to bump up the reps. If things are still light next time this one comes around, I think I'll add a little more weight to those Back Squats too.

2 comments:

Radman said...

Dude, did you do the handstand push-ups against a wall, or free-standing?

Mr. Mirek said...

Ha! I do the HSPU with my knees on a bench...I'll work my way up to that.