Saturday, February 9, 2008

Workout 2/9: Muscle-up Training

Back to CrossFit! Yes! And time to learn all about the mighty muscle-up. We'll call it the "holy grail" of the CrossFit community. Sure, there are other accomplishments that are deemed very worthy, but the muscle-up is one that nearly all CFers aim for at some point. CFers like me get tired of not being able to have decent times on workouts that require muscle-ups because we have to substitute 3 pull-ups and 3 dips for 1 muscle-up. Not fair! But that just shows you how mighty the muscle-ups really is. So it was up to Coach Gio to get us on track. Today I was joined by Brett and Scott. Brett came back for more of the CrossFit Kool-Aid after recovering from last week's beating, and Scott was eager to learn more. Two of the coolest guys to work out with, not to mention the other spectacular people who join Coach Gio on Saturday mornings (of course I am not neglecting you). What you will see below is part of the training we received (no that is not Coach Gio) and probably the hardest part of the whole movement. After today, I realized the practice I am going to need before I can pull one of these off. Stay tuned; I might have one of these in my pocket before too long!

1 comment:

Luci said...

Dude. Those muscle-ups are Hard Core. Kudos for even wanting to try and do that.