Friday, February 1, 2008

Workout 2/1: DL, HSPU, PU, Thrusters

Woke up early to drive myself to school,
Seven inches of snow, am I a fool?
Radio man says nearly all are shut,
Districts can't get buses out, but
All's open in Chicago Public Schools!

The snow still steadily coming down,
Attendance at 40% around,
American Gladiators open casting tomorrow,
Wondering should I stay or should I go,
If only I could lose this last pound!

Okay, so I'm not the great Illinois-ian poet Robert Frost. In fact, I am far from any sort of talented poet, but since I am asking my students to write poetry, I figured I ought to try it out too. I already know their poems are far better and more complicated then mine. Speaking of poetry...my body was far from poetry in motion this morning too. The workout was killer, but I made it through...here it is.

CrossFit: DL, HSPU, PU, Thrusters (a.k.a. The Freakin' Fifteen)
3 Rounds for Time of:
155# Deadlifts x 15
15 Handstand Push-ups
15 Pull-ups
65# Thrusters x 15
(Time: 28'24")

This one had me sucking air like no other at the end. Picked myself up off the floor after a few minutes, and what did I see? A pool of my own sweat! Sweet!Visit CrossFit Stickers for more CrossFit-related slogans.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Gonna try for A.G. ?

I - for one - don't like R. Frost! Your's is better
Show 'em how "Teach"