Monday, November 19, 2007

CrossFit in the Park 11/17

Yet another brisk Saturday morning was warmed up nicely by a little bit-o CrossFit in the Park. What I didn't know was that this workout would leave me with a little bruising where I least expected it...on my forearms. Why forearms you might say...well, today was my first experience with kettlebells. If you don't know what kettlebells are, Google them. I had always subbed dumbbells for kettlebells when I did CrossFit workouts in the gym, so I had to learn a whole new piece of equipment. Bruising aside, I had a great time with the little group. It is a bit more inspiring to watch someone suffering through the same thing you are than to be alone in the process. I have found this to be true in all of my training experiences whether it be running, marathon training, or CrossFit. And I think my wife is catching the CrossFit-bug too. Just this weekend she walked through a WOD with her sister. We'll have to check in on her to see how sore she is. Well, here's what we did in the park today.

CrossFit in the Park:
CFWU
"Kettlebells in the Park"--3 rounds for time of:
One-Armed Kettlebell Swings x 30 (15 each arm)
Kettlebell Push Press x 30 (15 each arm)
Kettlebell Push Jerk x 30 (15 each arm)
Burpees
(I have not a clue what my time was; I was focused on form more than anything else since kettlebells were new to me)
*Photo of One-Armed Kettlebell Swing courtesy of CrossFit Rainier

2 comments:

Luci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luci said...

Your wife's sister continues to have sore quads three days after her first CrossFit workout. That said, I would definitely do it again! :)