Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Workout 11/14

I am currently reading "Ultramarathon Man." This book is about Dean Karnazes who has accomplished feats beyond imagination for some of us mortal beings--running the 100-mile Western States Endurance Run, surviving the march through Death Valley in the Badwater Ultramarathon, and trekking 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. If you desire some inspiration that will get you out and about, I suggest you read this book. There are so many little quips and sayings that stick in one's mind while reading this book. One that I just came across was a quote by Lily Tomlin; "Exercise is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." I am happy that I cannot handle drugs and alcohol, nor do I desire to have that ability. Exercise makes me feel pounded at the end, but the bounce back is so much more enjoyable than being strung out (at least I can assume that feeling although I've never experienced it).

CrossFit Workout:
CFWU x 2
7 Rounds for Time of:
65# Sumo Deadlift High Pulls x 10
Dips x 10
(Time: 21.04)











Sumo Deadlift High Pull photos courtesy of CrossFit Cape Fear and Diablo CrossFit

No comments: