I just read a good article titled "Nine Things Successful People Do Differently" by Heidi Grant Halvorson.
In a nutshell...
1) Get Specific
2) Seize the Moment to Act on Your Goals
3) Know Exactly How Far You Have Left to Go
4) Be a Realistic Optimist
5) Focus on Getting Better, Rather than Being Good
6) Have Grit
7) Build Your Willpower Muscle
8) Don't Tempt Fate
9) Focus on What You Will Do, Not What You Won't Do
So I would like to be "successful" at this fitness thing...oh wait...Get Specific. I would like to be successful at losing weight first. So here goes...
1) Get Specific...Scale Reading 190# by 12/31/2011 (Currently at 195#)
2) Seize the Moment...Workout 5 days a week for 30+ Minutes (4 CrossFit Intro, 1 Long Run)
3) Know Exactly How Far You Have Left...5# To Go...Daily Weigh-ins.
4) Be a Realistic Optimist...I CAN DO IT EVEN ON DAYS THINGS DON'T GO TO PLAN.
5) Focus on Getting Better...Yep!
6) Have Grit...I'm committed to it LONG-TERM
7) Build Your Willpower Muscle...I need to limit my "sugar, spice, and everything nice" to smaller things within 30 minutes of my workouts.
8) Don't Tempt Fate...Let's lose the weight first.
9) Focus on what you will do...See above.
Purpose in EVERY Step.