Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Update: 11/11-11/13

Veterans' Day Weekend proved to be a good one as the weather was perfect for outdoor activities and motivation was high to do things that were more active. Saturday was the Big Day of them all fitness-wise as the kids and I ran races at Navy Pier. I ran the "Chicago Perfect 10" 10k race...6.2 miles of beautiful lakefront running. My two oldest kiddos ran the Bubba Gump "Run Forrest Run" kids races at the Quality of Life Expo at Navy Pier. My 6-year-old daughter won her race for 5-6 year-olds. Of course, there were only two runners, but a win is a win. My 4-year-old son came in second place in his race. Talk about running with intensity, watching my kids was inspirational for me.

Chicago Perfect 10: 10k Race


Not my greatest 10k, but good enough for me as I return to having purpose in every step of my fitness training. Official Time: 54:42

No comments: