Monday, May 5, 2008

My Least Favorite Recipe

Combine all ingredients in your body at the same time:
1) 102.2 body temperature
2) A case of "double dragon"--fierce out both ends
3) Every aching muscle in your body as if you've just completed all the "girls" of CrossFit at in one single workout.
Shake well while your body temperature spikes;
Then crash continuously onto your bed.
*If you've gotten everything perfect, you will have a wonderful weekend as I did recovering from the flu.

It amazes me every time I get the flu how hard it hits. It hits like a train, and it leaves you pulverized in bed and occasionally on the cold tiles of your bathroom floor. So, my last post left off on the excited note that I would run my first 5k of the season and begin doing CrossFit Endurance training. But if you've recently had the flu, you'd know how stupid that would be if you wake up the morning of that 5k hugging the cool porcelain throne. So, I'm playing the waiting game now until my body has fully recovered. Hopefully I can get out there this upcoming Saturday to run a pseudo-5k course to get a time trial in. *Wishing I was the person on the left, not the person on the right.

4 comments:

Brad said...

Yuck!

Get well.

Tanya said...

Wow...TMI...glad the tshirts didn't suffer the damage...we did miss you at the race!

Katie said...

Wow, that was a lovely thought of you I just had now. :P

Hope you feel better soon!

PS- Plane ticket was officially purchased....

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better! I am feeling your pain my friend! YUCK!