Thursday, May 29, 2008

Workout 5/29: Nicole

Whew! It felt good to get out there and run again. After Monday's Trevor workout, my legs have barely felt like moving, but today I decided to get them going again to work out the last bit of soreness. It's interesting how running actually helps sore leg muscles. Loosening them up and stretching them out felt great. I was considering not doing anything this morning, but I am very glad to have done that. Otherwise I probably would have felt worse throughout the day.

Workoout: "Nicole"
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
400m Sprints
Max. Pull-ups (keep a count of # of pull-ups each round)
(6 Rounds + 400m; Pull-ups (3+6+5+5+7+6)=32 Total)

*I really got my hips involved in the pull-ups today. Kipping really does help get one up and over the bar, but there is technique and comfort that needs to be fostered. So today I began working that kip. I have a ways to go, but I think with more practice I will get there.*Photo courtesy of CrossFit Eastside

1 comment:

Patrick D. said...

Re: Picture
I'm not sure that much arch in kipping pull-ups is desirable. It's mostly extraneous movement and probably causing some hyperextension in his back, which might lead to pain if repeated.

For the sake of a picture, that's cool, but as far as a workout goes, don't ever do that.