Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Workout 5/20: Shoulders on Fire!

I had no idea what to call this workout since it's not one of the CrossFit Girls nor a CrossFit Hero. One thing it WAS was pure torture on the arms and shoulders. As one person posted on a chatboard, "It addressed everything I suck at." Okay, I don't suck at all of these things, but it did try me and push me. Anything that makes your arms shake uncontrollably at the end must be making you a little bit stronger. Also, this was supposed to be for time, but when you have to share a pull-up bar, time becomes impossible to get accurately. My arms appreciated the break though (thanks Tanya)! So here it is:

Workout: Shoulders on Fire!
For Time:
50 Push-ups
30 x 65# Sumo Deadlift High-Pulls
35 Dips
20 x 25# Weighted Pull-ups
15 Handstand Push-ups
(Time: N/A)*No, my weighted pull-ups were not this fun looking. In fact, some people were concerned for my family jewels when I did mine, but I finished unscathed. If you weigh 25 pounds, you can be my next partner...any takers? LOL! Maybe a weight vest or backpack is a better idea. Photo courtesy of CrossFit Portland.

No comments: