Friday, May 23, 2008

Workout 5/23: Hips on Fire + Sprints

Okay, "Hips on Fire" is not my wife's nickname for me, but I would accept it if she wanted to call me that. Nor is it the title of a dance seen on my favorite TV show "So You Think You Can Dance?" By the way, there are some truly "sick" dancers on that show. I never thought I'd appreciate dance, but "Wow!" is all I have to say. If you don't watch talent shows because you think they are lame and there really is NO talent behind them, watch this show. I can 98% guarantee you that you will appreciate the physical awesomeness of some of these dancers. Back to "Hips on Fire," it is a perfect title for what CrossFit made me feel this morning. Here it is...

Morning Workout: CrossFit WOD lovingly named "Hips on Fire"
5 Rounds for Time of:
15 Dumbbell Swings (35#)
15 GHD Sit-ups
15 Back Extensions
15 Knees to Elbows
(Time: 19:48)Afternoon Workout: Sprints
2x200m w/in 60 seconds each
3x400m w/in 90 seconds each
*If any sprint is + or - by more than 3 seconds, you foul! Each foul means 1 minute of max. burpees.
200m #1)0:47*F
200m #2)0:56*F
400m #1)1:29
400m #2)1:29
400m #3)1:29

2 comments:

Katie said...

Why are you only 98% sure?

Mr. Mirek said...

not everyone can appreciate a good dancer...so 2% is held for those who just don't have enough culture to be awed by them.