Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two-fer Workout 7/18

My body feels like it was put through a wood-chipper. My hamstrings are tight, my back aches, and I swear I almost hallucinated. But something about me must be insane because I like this feeling...it's a productive ache. So how did I get to this point? Well, try this for a change in your workout life.

Morning Workout: CrossFit - "The Chipper"
20 Walking Lunge Steps
15 Pull-ups
35 Box Jumps (20' box or step)
15 Tuck Jumps
15 Bar Dips
20 Knees to Elbows
15 Kettlebell Swings (1.5 pood=about 50#)
30 Sit-ups
15 Hanging Squat Cleans (20# Dumbbells)
12 Back Extensions
15 Thrusters (45# bar)
15 Towel Pull-ups
(Time yourself, I did it in 26.03)

Afternoon Workout: Run 9 miles
(1:30.03, 10:00/mile)
*That was a sorry pace. I can make my excuses (90 degrees, super-sunny, tight hamstrings), but that was a pretty slow pace. One of the points of marathon training is to get the miles under your belt. Today's run was a mileage builder more than a pace run. So I am not discouraged. For any newbies to training, you don't need to push yourself to your marathon pace during every run. Otherwise, you will burn out and risk injury.


Photo courtesy of CrossFit.com

No comments: