Sunday, July 15, 2007

Workout 7/14

Team M3 was blessed with clouds and a breeze today as we took on 13 long miles. I think it was 13 at least. I ran the majority of the run with Misael who wanted to run without getting overly worn out. Very wise for a high schooler knowing that there are more miles to go. About halfway through the run, I saw a small group of people swinging around their kettlebells, so I had to go ask if they were doing CrossFit workouts. He said they weren't, but it sure looked fun to me. I'll have to see if they are still out there on Saturday mornings after marathon training has ended. In my further experimentation with things to ingest during the long runs, I grabbed a handful of JellyBelly jellybeans. It was nice to have a bit of sugar in the middle of the run, but I didn't like how they dried my mouth out. For now, I think I'll stick with the Clif ShotBloks. They dissolve faster and don't dry my mouth out. Now for the stats:

Run: 12 miles (1:54.36)

No comments: